12/9/09

This isn't a political blog. Really.

Obama: Spend more, create jobs

I was just saying to Garrett and a few others that I'm changing my party affiliation.  Democrats have become as annoying and as clueless as Republicans (well, they always were), and I'm tired of hearing it.  I can't support the bipartisan system anymore, because it's so broken and corrupt and completely not what it was meant to be.  So I'm going independent.

That being said, I came across this article in which Obama tells us we need to vomit up another $150 billion or so to help ourselves climb out of the recession.  I'll let you read the article (and the comments) and judge for yourselves on the wisdom of this plan.

I for one think that Obama needs to be slapped upside the head.  So many of the things he said this new batch of money would pay for should have been fixed with the first stimulus.  Government jobs?  Those are not what we need right now.  Highways and bridges?  I still haven't seen any of the improvements from the last stimulus bill.  Retrofilling homes to make them greener?  That's still too expensive to be practical for an average middle class family right now (Google it-- depending on the method, it runs from $3,000 to $20,000). 

In many ways, I am an economic conservative.  I believe that we need to stop focusing on spending and start worrying about getting rid of our federal deficit, which is a number that should only be used to talk about distances in space.  However, I do not think cutting taxes right now is the best thing to do.  Not that I have any knowledge of how to run a government, but right now, if we stop dumping money into the black Obama-hole (puns intended, I guess) and keep taxes at this level, perhaps we can work our way out of debt sometime before the sun explodes.

Yes I know the economy is still in the shitter.  But clearly pouring money into [where exactly?] isn't helping.  So let's not make America the definition of stupidity (again) and keep doing the same thing over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment