10/2/09

Oswego in Pictures III




Found this on the massive concrete supports under the bridge that spans across the Oswego Canal and also marks the center of town.




Taken from under the bridge, looking out over the canal to Lake Ontario in the distance.



LUNCH



I wish I could go inside this building.  I want to see if its insides are as warped as its outsides.   This is visible proof that I meant what I said about the town having personality.  They don't mutilate things in what they like to call "restoration efforts" and everything's stacked on top of everything else like a volcano lays down new rock, and if you look closely enough you can see all the strata down to the very first layer.


How does one get up to the doorway to enter said live music venue?  A friend suggested that this was the pogo stick entrance. 


One of the locks in the canal.  If you zoom in, you can just make out the reflections of the clouds on this patch of still water.


Best tag so far.  Comparable to the tag I found on a TV antenna at the top of Mt. Cargill in New Zealand: "Listen to your Mother."



I love the structure of this shot. 


I laughed out loud when I saw this one.  The taggers had tried to write one letter in each partition, but evidently been unable to reach out far enough to write the "S".  I climbed onto that ledge and tried to reach out; not even close.  Silly taggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment